Friday, August 27, 2010

Tuna Mac 'n Cheese Two Ways

Please do not get your hopes up about this posting. This is definitely NOT a gourmet meal. What this is though is a yummy, easy dinner that makes everyone happy. Well almost everyone happy. I started to make it my way but the Fiancé had other ideas. He though my version was “too fancy”. Seriously? He challenged me to post this on my blog and see which version would be the favorite. So we each made it our own way and then I took pictures of both. You decide which one you like the best!


Ingredients:

- Start with your standard box of Macaroni in Cheese. Use whatever kind you prefer or happen to have on hand.

- Two cans of tuna in water.

- EITHER two small tomatoes or ketchup. (This is where the Fiancé and my tastes diverged.)

Directions:

Prepare the mac ‘n cheese the way it says on the box. Then add the two cans of drained tuna. Mix it up well. Then (this is the part where you get to pick your own ending) you can either quarter the two small tomatoes and add them to the mix a la Me. (See below)



OR

You can add a generous portion of ketchup a la Fiancé. I like to call this version “Little Boy Mac ‘n Cheese”. Little boys of all ages will love it I’m sure. Chef Ramsay will probably not be calling me for my culinary expertise any time soon though.


You should have seen this after he mixed it all together. Bleh.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I think I would be the diplomat and "sliver" YOUR tomatoes and squizzle a little ketchup on top of the whole thing ... and toss lightly. (Maybe throw in a little chopped onion?)

    Then consume with a chilled anything and some garlic bread? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is certainly more attractive. I'm thinking no tomatoe or ketchup in mune.

    ReplyDelete