Saturday, November 20, 2010

Jenniferoni's Red & White Potatoes


So after last week’s adventure I was inspired by the deliciousness of Jody Maroni’s “Red & White Fries”. They were so nummy! I decided to make my own at home. Basically I modified my favorite potato dish and here is how I did it.


Ingredients:

4-6 red potatoes

1 smallish yellow onion

2 cloves of garlic minced or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic

Olive oil

Olive oil cooking spray (optional)

Italian seasoning

Salt and pepper to taste

1 tomato

8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Heat your oven to 400. Rinse the potatoes and then slice them. Don’t peel them, their better with the skins on. Spread them out in a 3 qt. casserole dish. I like to spray my dish down with olive oil cooking spray first so nothing sticks.


2. Dice the onion. Whew! There is nothing like chopping up an onion to clear your sinuses huh? Sprinkle the diced onion over the potatoes. Then go in the bathroom, blow your nose, wipe the streams of mascara off your cheeks, and wash your hands.




3. Mince the garlic cloves (or use your pre-minced garlic) and spread them over the potatoes and onions.


4. Drizzle about a ¼ cup of olive oil over the whole concoction. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste over the whole deal.


5. Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the onions and potatoes are getting golden brown and the potatoes are cooked. While it’s cooking dice up your tomato.



6. After 30 minutes take it out and add the tomatoes and the shredded mozzarella. Pop it back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.


Waala! Jenniferoni’s version of Red & White Potatoes. Let it cool for awhile (if you can help yourself) and then dig in.


2 comments:

  1. Wow I got really hungry reading this one. Sounds great can't wait to get Mom to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinkin' I would just sit down to this dish with a fork and go to town. YUM!

    ReplyDelete