Monday, August 6, 2012

My Texas Adventure Begins

At the beginning of July I moved to Austin, Texas and I have been indulging my inner cowgirl ever since. In the last few weeks I have jumped head first into my own "Texas Immersion Program" and I have enjoyed some uniquely Texan experiences - tubing the river at Don's Fish Camp, perusing the goods at Wimberley's Market Days, sampling the food trucks on South Congress... I've been checking out bands downtown, discovering the heavenly culinary concoction known as queso, and two-steppin' at The Broken Spoke.

I've decided that queso needs to be it's own food group, there is no such thing as bad music in Austin, and my two-steppin' needs a little work. ;)

Here are some photos from my explorations around Austin and the Hill Country.


Downtown Austin from Lady Bird Lake (which all the locals still call Town Lake. FYI.)


Walking the path around Town (Lady Bird) Lake.


 Food trucks on South Congress.


 I love me a shady porch. Pioneer Town near Wimberley, TX.


Some of the locals at Pioneer Town.


Conclusion? This is a great place for me. xo

For more info here are links:

Don's Fish Camp for tubing: http://www.yelp.com/biz/dons-fish-camp-martindale
P.S. there really is a Don and he's a character.

Info on the charming town of Wimberley and all the fun stuff going on there: http://www.wimberley.org/

Two-steppin' at the Broken Spoke: http://www.brokenspokeaustintx.com/

Have a great week y'all. I'm off to find more fun Texas stuff to do this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment