Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pismo Beach Day 2

Okay, okay so I know it's been almost a week since I said I would post details about our second day in Pismo Beach. Sorry but life happens. Besides no one is really reading this blog yet anyway so what's the big deal? Haha. Without further ado here is the Day 2 installment below.

Pismo Beach Day 2:


Day 2 in Pismo Beach was my birthday. So to celebrate, I wanted to eat the biggest, most sugarrific breakfast I could find. We took ourselves to Old West Cinnamon Rolls where I met the cinnamon roll of my dreams. I was so enamored of my cinnamon roll and its gooey covering of cream cheese frosting that I think my fiancé got a little jealous. He had an equally yummy roll covered in almonds. They were awesome cinnamon rolls but probably would have been even better had they been fresh right out of the oven. As it was we really enjoyed them and sat at the bar looking out on the street and people-watching. Old West Cinnamon Rolls does a booming business in the mornings and I highly recommend you be a customer if and when you visit Pismo. They also have pretty decent coffee and they have French Vanilla creamer to put it in. It is my opinion you cannot have coffee without French Vanilla creamer therefore any place that has it gets a gold star from me.


After all those calories we felt the need to take a walk. So we walked up and down the boardwalk along the beach. After that we drove a couple miles south to check out the dunes near Oceano. Lots of people come out here and rent ATVs and dirt bikes and ride up and down the dunes. We opted to walk on the beach. You can drive your car on the beach here and we saw plenty of people doing that including a few who got stuck. I was pretty sure I would have been one of those people if I had taken my little convertible out on the sand. Next time I want to rent a jeep.

Can I get an “amen” for how awesome the sea air is? I felt more relaxed than I had in years. We found a clam on the beach. It was sticking its tongue thingy out trying to bury itself back in the sand. It was so cool to watch and I don’t think I had ever seen that before. Alas our clam friend was destined to be lunch for some seagulls. At least the seagulls were trying to eat it as we left. Did you know that to try and break open a clam shell seagulls will fly way up into the air then drop the clam from that height so as to try and break the shell? I guess you do what you can when you don’t have any knives or opposable thumbs.

Our time in Pismo was winding down but we were not done with the fun quite yet. We stopped at a winery called Laetitia on our way through Arroyo Grande. It was my birthday after all and I was getting my party on. Laetitia is a beautiful winery where they have a nice selection of wines. I tried their Brut Rose Sparkling Wine and bought a bottle for my birthday party. The fiancé loves sweet dessert wines and he got a bottle of the Harvest Riesling. Yum, yum. Laetitia is known for their Pinot Noirs, which is one of my favorite varietals. All the wines I tasted there I liked and the surrounding vineyards and gardens are lovely and relaxing.







And so our trip to Pismo ended on a good note with big gulps of fresh sea air and slightly smaller sips of delicious wines.

For more info see the websites below:


Laetitia Winery
http://www.laetitiawine.com/

1 comment:

  1. Amen for sea air AND Reislings! I like it when you can have your dessert and your dessert wine too. But the cinnamon roll with the cream cheese frosting..OMG...eat you heart out Cinnabon!

    ReplyDelete